Five reasons the Lakers do this deal:
- Having traded the #2 pick in 2015 to replace an old, slow, unplayable center with a slightly younger slightly less unplayable center, then signing and releasing another old, slow, and unplayable center to give possible playing time to a very young, slow, unplayable center, the Lakers want to add a third slow, unplayable center to their roster.
- Jordan Clarkson needs to go so Laker fans will forget that they could have traded him last year and kept Lou freakin’ Williams, who is winning games for the Clippers almost single handedly. If the teams exchange players, the Lakers would now be the seventh seed in the West, while the Clippers would be tied for the fourth worst record in the NBA.
- The Lakers want to eat Loul Deng’s $18 million per year contract because they don’t understand that big numbers mean less cap space.
- Clarkson is one of the Laker’s five best players who does not have a ridiculously overpriced contract. Getting rid of a team asset for nothing in return will definitely motivate top free agents to come to L.A.
- Jimmy Buss and Mitch Kupchak are still secretly running the team.