Thank you for the kind words.
I appreciate the thought, but I have to ask:
Is there any metric that would justify putting me in the same sentence with the description “bigger names on Medium?”
I will now try to find a single data point to substantiate your argument, and, in doing so, decide which one of us has the bigger name on Medium:
- Greatest number of followers: You
- Most fans for an article: You (by a mile)
- Most popular writing topic: You (dating beats ranting by a mile)
- Age demographic: You (but not for long — ageism is rampant at Medium, or any social media platform for that matter)
- Avatar Photo: You (and you better believe that photos of younger, attractive people get a bump in views)
- Cleavage: No decision (but only because you decided not to show any in your profile photo)
- Publication in major publications: You (P.S. I Love You now trumps Coffeelicious, which used to be my badge of honor as a writer)
- Name length: You (goddamnit, I have a three letter first name, and people still get it wrong, calling me Lou, Leon, Ron, Don, Juan, Jon, and Ian.)
- Time zone: You (East Coast bias! If you’re a sports fan)
- Getting Roy as a fan: You (I failed the SlackJaw challenge, while he mocked it to perfection in Humor Challenged)
I’ll do anything to get a laugh, even if it means depressing myself.
I must now bid you adieu.
I have other windmills which require my tilting.